By promoting high standards, inclusion and equal opportunities, the staff and governors at Highcliffe aim to provide an atmosphere in which all children’s needs are met. We regularly review the curriculum provision for all our pupils. If a child has special educational needs, we aim to ensure that their needs are met by:
- Working together with parents, and other professionals to identify a child’s special educational needs early intervention to reduce barriers to learning and participation.
- Ensuring that children with special educational needs are offered full access to a broad, balanced and relevant education, including the Foundation Stage Curriculum and the National Curriculum.
- Setting achievable targets to meet the special educational needs of children whose educational programmes need to be different or additional to those set down in the Foundation Stage Curriculum and National Curriculum. This includes opportunities to be involved in a variety of interventions run across the school
- Taking the child’s views into account with regard to their learning goals, wherever ascertainable, in the light of their age and understanding.
- Regularly reviewing the progress of children with special educational needs to ensure that their needs are being met.
- Encouraging all children to take part in a wide range of extra-curricular activities with all other pupils both in school time and during twilight clubs. All pupils with SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) are welcome to take part in school extraneous activities including the residential, as long as the health and safety needs of those involved are assessed.
The school’s Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator is Miss Kathryn Wass. Parents can contact her directly through the school office on 0116 296 7600 or [email protected], although concerns should be raised initially through the class teacher whenever possible.
|SEND Information Report
|2023 - 2024
|2023 - 2024
|Leicestershire Local Offer
|Anxiety and Stress support pack
|Sensory support pack
|Sensory Top Tips